Promote early literacy skills and encourage young learners to practice braille characters and phonics.
51 in stock
BrailleBuzz is an instructional toy for young braille learners ages two to five. It encourages practice with braille characters and phonics, similar to a variety of audio-based toys that teach print writing.
BrailleBuzz resembles a cartoon bumblebee, encouraging little ones with audio feedback. A friendly recorded human voice and fun sounds are paired with a Perkins-style braille keyboard, designed with little hands in mind.
Three Modes of Play
– Phonics Mode: fun sound and letter associations are made.
– Keyboard Mode: all key combinations are announced with dot numbers.
– Letters Mode: dot number announcement reinforces the relationship between reading letters and writing on the keyboard.
Requires 2 AA batteries (not included).
- Develops finger dexterity and braille keyboarding
- Develops emergent phonics and listening skills
- The given letter is heard when the correct combination of dot/keys are pressed
- The honeycomb buttons, with braille, speak the letters when pushed
Weight: 2 lbs
Dimensions: 12.6 × 14.35 × 4.95 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST