Chameleon 20 ™
Designed specifically for students who are blind and visually impaired, the Chameleon 20 enhances student productivity and classroom engagement with its portable braille display and notetaker – perfect for in and out of the classroom setting to improve braille literacy skills.
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing some delays in overseas shipping. Additional quantities of Chameleon are on their way, and are expected to arrive by the end of August, with a second shipment expected in September. If you cannot place your order from this page, please place your order directly with the APH Customer Service team at 1-800-223-1839 from 8a-8p EST.
Available on backorder
The Chameleon’s 20-cell refreshable braille display and Perkins-style keyboard provide a comfortable reading and writing experience. Superior internal intelligence and multiple modes of connectivity allow students to use the Chameleon as a stand-alone notetaker, or as a braille display to edit assignments on the computer.
Contains the following built-in applications:
- Basic editor to function as a user’s pen and paper.
- Book reader to download and read books in braille.
- Calculator to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Clock to check the date and time.
- Windows 8 and above using Jaws 18+, NVDA, and Narrator
- MacOS 15.5.5+ Catalina
- iOS 13.5.1+
Download the Braille Terminal Tools application to install the Chameleon 20 driver on versions of Jaws earlier than 2020. If you are running Jaws 2020, ensure it is running the latest update, as the Chameleon 20 driver is included in Jaws 2020. For versions earlier than 2020, simply download and run the Braille Terminal Tools.exe file, and follow the prompts, ensuring that Chameleon 20 is the selected braille display when asked. After installing the driver, you will need to restart Jaws.
Note: For international orders, please contact our partner, HumanWare.
View a comparison chart of APH refreshable braille displays.
- Perkins-style keyboard and 20-cell refreshable braille display
- Customizable with three kinds of TPU bumper cases: teal, purple, and pomegranate
- Functions as another device’s braille display when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected
- HumanWare signature thumb keys and home button
- SD card slot and USB host port for flash
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Small and lightweight
- Fits in a purse, laptop bag, or backpack
- Teal, purple, and pomegranate TPU bumper cases
- Teal nylon carrying case with strap
- An array of tactile and braille insect-themed stickers
- USB-C charging cable with power supply (works with any USB charger, but may charge slower)
- User Guide (stored on device)
Weight: 0.9 lbs
Dimensions: 3.66 × 7.16 × 0.9 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.