CodeQuest (iPad App)
CodeQuest is a FREE, interactive and accessible app for iPad mobile digital device that teaches preschool to early-elementary age players coding, logic, and orientation skills.
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: D-30060-AP
Created for use by students who are blind, visually impaired, and sighted, CodeQuest is ideal for use by an entire class! Help your astronaut move across a grid-style game board to his spaceship, so that he can explore the galaxy. In each of the game’s thirty levels, players (astronauts) start at row 1, column 1, and must program a route for the astronaut to follow to get back to his spaceship. Along the way, players also learn coding concepts such as problem-solving, planning, computational thinking, loops, and sequencing. Learn more and download the app here.
NOTE – if you use anything other than an iOS tablet to find this app on the App Store, your search will yield no results.
Supplemental tactile game board grids and manipulatives are available for download and embossing in the Downloads tab of this page. These can be printed from a tactile graphic embosser or regular embosser with a brf file.
Here’s what our TVI Field Testers had to say:
“Excellent for teaching mapping, giving directions, and coding. Straightforward expectations and game rules. My students loved this app.”
“My students were excited about the app and even requested to play it again once they had completed it. I could see this app as a benefit to my students with little or no vision. There are a lot of skills being taught in one game.”
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Product Type: Assistive
- Fun and easy to use for young students
- Fully compatible with VoiceOver
- Integrates fundamental coding concepts such as sequencing and looping into game play
- Allows students to work on orientation concepts including up, down, left, and right
- Motivates students to practice problem solving, planning, and computational thinking skills
- Great for visually impaired students to learn access technology through game play
- Great for blind students to practice tactile graphic reading skills
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.