Deaf Blind Pocket Communicator
Easily communicate on the go with this no-tech, pocket-size Communicator!
13 in stock
Product SKU: 1-16999-00
APH’s DeafBlind Pocket Communicator (DBPC) is durable, washable, and easily fits in your pocket or bag. The breakaway lanyard option gives you some freedom to carry other items and to access the DBPC with ease.
Communication cards can be helpful when using the DBPC with people at a coffee shop or in a store. Sample messages might include: “”How much does this cost?”” or “”Use my finger to show me the answers on this device.”” Feel free to design your own communication cards to meet your unique needs.
For more information and examples on developing communication cards with people who are deafblind, please contact these agencies:
• Helen Keller National Center, http://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/communication-training
• Teaching Deaf-Blind People to Communicate and Interact with the Public: Critical Issues for Travelers who are Deaf-Blind by Eugene Bourquin and Dona Sauerburger, www.sauerburger.org/dona/REviewdbcomm.html
• DeafBlind Services Minnesota, visionlossresources.org/programs/dbsm
• Seattle Lighthouse for the Blind, Deaf-Blind Program, www.deafblindlh.org/service.html
• National Federation of the Blind, Deaf-Blind Communication Technology, https://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm14/bm1409/bm140906.htm
Note: The APH Tactile Graphic Image Library (TGIL) has a file which allows you to print the DBPC on your own 3-D printer, according to its ability. Sign in or register for a free account at: www.aph.org/tgil.
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST