O&M for Independent Living: Strategies for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults (EPUB)
O&M for Independent Living: Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults is an important guide for orientation and mobility instructions, rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists, and other professionals who work with adults who may be new to vision loss.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ!
- This item is made to order or is digital, therefore all sales are final.
- In order to view Electronic Book Files (EPUB) you will require an EPUB reader. Here are some free EPUB readers recommendations.
Catalog Number: F-B0042-EPUB
The impact of aging on mobility can be profound, and it can affect nearly every aspect of a person’s life. It provides insights essential for helping these individuals remain independent and self-reliant. In addition to information on the effects of aging and considerations for assessment and instruction, chapters include strategies on adapting O&M skills for older adults, environmental modifications and appropriate equipment, exercise and its relationship to mobility, daily living skills, and effective collaboration among the professionals who serve this population.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
- Table of Contents:
- Vision Loss and Older Adults: Considerations for the Orientation and Mobility Professional
- Sensory Changes with Age: Assessment Strategies for Older Adults with Visual Impairment
- Modifying Orientation and Mobility Techniques for Older Adults with Visual Impairments
- Orientation and Mobility Tools and Techniques
- Environmental Adaptation and Modification
- Importance of Exercise for Orientation and Mobility for Older Adults with Visual Impairments
- Daily Living Skills and Orientation and Mobility: Merging Skills to Enhance Life Satisfaction
- Fostering Collaboration among Professionals Serving Older People with Vision Loss
- Current and Emerging Issue for O&M Service Provision
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.