Orbit Reader 20
NEW LOW PRICE! Orbit Reader 20™ combines simplicity, functionality, and connectivity making it a great option for adults seeking a refreshable braille alternative to use at work or at home. This discounted pricing will remain in effect until all Orbit Readers in stock at APH are sold.
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: 1-07419-00
A single line of signage-quality, 20 braille cells accurately represent any six- or eight-dot braille code, in any language, and for any discipline.
Developed by APH, Orbit Research, and The Transforming Braille Group, LLC, Orbit Reader 20™ allows for simple transferring between this device’s different user-friendly functions, which include reading, writing, bookmarking, searching, creating and editing braille, as well as file management.
Through the use of Bluetooth® wireless technology with iOS and Android™ devices, or through USB or Bluetooth® for Windows® and Mac®, Orbit Reader 20™ performs as a reader displaying the content of files stored on the SD™ card.
In Remote mode, Orbit Reader 20™ becomes a terminal that displays the braille for the app running on the phone, tablet, or PC.In the USB configuration, it supports both serial and human interface device (HID) protocols. If the screen reader supports it, no driver installation is required.
View a comparison chart of APH refreshable braille displays.
Weight: 1 lbs
Dimensions: 9.35 × 5.95 × 5.45 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
- 20 refreshable eight-dot braille cells
- Eight Braille Input keys and Space bar
- Navigation pad with four directional buttons (Up, Down, Left, Right) and the Select button
- Micro-B USB charging port
- SD™ (Secure digital) card slot
- SD card slot
- 2 Panning rocker keys
- Bluetooth® wireless technology
- User-replaceable, rechargeable batteries
- Simple editing functions
- Remote connectivity to PCs and mobile devices for use with a screen reader
- Orbit Reader 20™ unit
- Standard-A to Micro-B USB cable
- AC adapter
- SD card with User Guide and content (installed in unit)
- Quick-Start Guide (print and braille)
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.