- Using the Sorting and Assembly Tray as a Calendar Box System:
- The Prevocational Skills Development Materials are designed to help students with multiple disabilities develop manipulative skills such as matching, sorting, counting, assembling, and packaging.
- The Sorting and Assembly Tray can also be used as a calendar box system. Calendar boxes are used to teach daily schedules, improve communication, increase anticipation, and develop the concept of time. Each divided section represents a specific period of time. An object placed within that area represents an activity to be worked on during that time period.
- APH's Sorting and Assembly Tray is especially useful for this purpose because it is durable and can be expanded from one or two activities per day to a more advanced calendar box by simply adding additional green dividers.
- The Sorting and Assembly Tray is a component of the complete Prevocational Skills Development Materials Kit, or it can be purchased separately."
Prevocational Skills Development Materials Kit
This kit helps develop manipulative skills, such as matching, sorting, counting, assembling, and packaging.
Out of stock
Designed for multiply disabled students.
Contains five sets of materials (also available separately):
— Paper-Folding Jig: For tri-folding 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
— Round and Square Containers with Screw Tops: 10 plastic bottles and two seated boards
— Sorting and Assembly Tray: with adjustable dividers for sorting two to 12 different items
— Bolt, Nut, and Washer Board: with eight bolt, nut, and washer sets of graduating size
— Bolt Practice Boards: four boards mounted with bolts and nuts of various sizes
— Prevocational Skills Development: print guidebook
Age Range: 10 and Up
Development: Child, Concept, Prevocational, Sensory
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Optional and Replacement Items
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Paper-Folding Jig
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Sorting and Assembly Tray
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Bolt, Nut, and Washer Board
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Bolt Practice Boards
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Guidebook, Print
Prevocational Skills Development Materials: Round and Square Containers with Screw Tops
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST