Due to COVID-19, our Museum and Factory Tours have been temporarily suspended. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-223-1839.Close
The MATT Connect Just Keeps Getting Better
The MATT Connect – a compact, all-in-one magnifier, distance viewer, and educational Android tablet – is flaunting some new upgrades for users of all ages! If you’re already the proud owner of a MATT, you’ll be prompted to install these upgrades when connected to WiFi. Or, go into your Settings menu to install the latest updates. To help you make the most out of the new upgrades, we’ve included some great video tutorials to help you get started!
NEW SOFTWARE FEATURES AS OF DECEMBER 2020!
APH and HumanWare are happy to release the new Prodigi 4.4.0 software version for the MATT Connect, available as a free update you can download and install right now. Here’s a preview of what you get:
- New Books Application: Dolphin Easy Reader in Prodigi. This helpful application enables users to enjoy Bookshare and dozens of other international libraries, such as RNIB and CELA, providing access to millions of e-books, digital talking books, newspapers, and magazines from around the world. View the video tutorial here.
- Self-View Camera Mode. Provides quick access to the front-facing camera within the Magnifying app for self-grooming, or to snap a quick selfie. This new feature is also coupled with the ability to disable OCR on captures. View the video tutorial here.
- Rapid Toggle for users who like shortcuts. Need to access Chrome and Google sheets often? You may now toggle to any application of your choice with only a few swipes across your screen! View the video tutorial here.
COMING SOON! The Code Jumper App will soon be available for Android™ devices, which means you will be able to use Code Jumper with your MATT Connect Android Tablet. Haven’t heard about Code Jumper? It’s an incredible innovation that teaches basic coding and programming concepts to students who are blind or visually impaired. Learn more at codejumper.com and order your Code Jumper kit today!
But Wait, There’s More: The MATT Connect Accessory Package!
When we say the MATT Connect just keeps getting better, we mean it! Now also included with your MATT Connect purchase are three new accessories AT NO ADDITIONAL COST: a Bluetooth® keyboard, a battery pack for the distance camera, and a protective leather case/sleeve for your MATT tablet (for use when the tablet is out of its docking stand).
NEW BOOKS APPLICATION PAGE MODE – Possibility to read downloaded books in Page mode and See images in a book, like graphs in a math book. Watch the tutorial!
WIFI LOGIN WITH USERNAME AND PASSWORD – Login to schools’ secured networks using the Wi-Fi Setup with a username and a password.
NEW NAVIGATION MODE – When setup with Audio/Speech/On, press and hold two fingers on the screen to turn the new Navigation mode ON or OFF to be able to navigate thru the button banner and all that is on the screen. Watch the tutorial!
NEW INTEGRAL FUNCTION – Graph integral functions in the graphing calculator. Watch the tutorial!
NEW APPLICATION IN THE APH TOOLBOX – The APH Flip-Over Faces application was added to the APH toolbox application list.
New OCR Engine – Quicker, more accurate, colored font recognition and new Arabic language support.
Desmos Calculator – plot graphs and solve equations with this scientific calculator. Watch the tutorial!
Gallery Management – It’s easier than ever to manage your images with a more powerful and flexible gallery. New gallery features include:
- Quick settings menu
- Support for lower case letters in an image name
- Ability to renumber the first page in a document
- “Go to page” function in a document
- Ability to create up to 4 levels of subfolders
- New notes category – take quick notes and organize them in the notes category
- Ability to move images from the distance folder to any folder in the root of the gallery
- Watch the tutorial!
Notes Application – quickly create handwritten or typed notes. Watch the tutorial!
Proxy Connection Support – set up your connection to proxy networks using Prodigi. Watch the tutorial!
- Books application bug fixes
- Prevent exit to Android – useful for student exams
- Speech OFF by default
Interested in attending one of our monthly MATT Connect Webinar Trainings? Learn more and sign up!
You can find more information or purchase a MATT Connect on our shop site!
Questions? Contact the APH Customer Experience team at 1-800-223-1839.