AnimalWatch VI Building Graphics Literacy (for iPad)
Students who are blind and visually impaired can sharpen their knowledge of tactile graphics with this free iPad app and related (purchased) materials from Lighthouse San Francisco.
Catalog Number: D-30040-AP
Animal Watch VI and its related materials are recommended for students in 5th to 8th grade (math level). Ten units containing warm-up problems and two problem sets teach students how to read and interpret different types of graphs: bar graphs, line graphs, circle graphs, Venn diagrams, coordinate planes, box plots, maps, and data tables. The graphs also tell fascinating stories about endangered species, such as the Tasmanian devil, platypus, and dinosaur ant.
Animal Watch VI – Building Graphics Literacy helps students to:
- use descriptors and mathematical terms
- locate data and to use two pieces of data to complete a basic computation question
- improve in their efficiency and competence using graphics to obtain information
- review units which gives students a low-pressure way to practice on their own
Note: Students who are blind or visually impaired will need to purchase the AnimalWatch Vi: Building Graphics Literacy Materials from the Lighthouse San Francisco Adaptations Store to complete the app’s ten units.
Students working at the pre-algebra level in 5th through 7th grades may also enjoy Animal Watch Vi Suite (for iPad) and accompanying materials. Students will continue to discover even more endangered species as they learn how to solve word problems.
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
- Recommended ages: 5th to 8th grade (math level)
- Accessible via Apple's VoiceOver screen reader
- Features built-in feature that emulates VoiceOver ability to enlarge content using Zoom Built-in scratch pad
- Glossary of terms
- Scaffolded hints to support students in solving word problems
- Engaging information about the animal species
- Extensively tested with both print and braille users"
- Optional print graphics for students who prefer a hard copy graphic to the screen version
- Braille graphics designed to be used with a fuser on microcapsule paper
- Optional braille ready files
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.