AnimalWatch Vi Suite (for iPad)
Help students build their math word problem solving skills with this app and accompanying materials.
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: D-30026-AP
The AnimalWatch Vi Suite is a package including a free app available from the App Store® online store with accompanying braille and print materials. Students working at the pre-algebra level (grades 5-7) can build their math word problem solving skills while learning about endangered and invasive species such as the black rhino, cheetah, gray wolf, and white shark.
There are 24 math units that align with the 6th grade Common Core Math Standards. Sample math topics include: multiplication and division; like and unlike fractions; speed, time, and distance; converting units of measurement and more.
To order: visit https://awvis.aphtech.org/ which will direct you to a link on the App Store, along with the user guide, braille & print graphics, and braille ready files, in addition to a FAQ page, and information about the development of the product.
Download the app directly from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/animalwatch-vi-suite/id1051014170?mt=8
* The AnimalWatch Vi Suite was developed through a U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences (R324A120006) research grant awarded in 2012 to Dr. Carole R. Beal and Dr. Jane N. Erin, both at the time at The University of Arizona. Dr. L. Penny Rosenblum served as the Project Director. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Apple, VoiceOver, iPad, iPad mini, and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Federal Quota Funds: Available
- Recommended ages: 5th to 7th grade (math level)
- Accessible via Apple's VoiceOver screen reader
- Features built-in feature that emulates VoiceOver ability to enlarge content using Zoom Built-in scratch pad
- Glossary of terms
- Scaffolded hints to support students in solving word problems
- Engaging information about the animal species
- Extensively tested with both print and braille users"
- Optional print graphics for students who prefer a hard copy graphic to the screen version
- Braille graphics designed to be used with a fuser on microcapsule paper
- Optional braille ready files
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.