Building on Patterns: Primary Braille Literacy Program, Kindergarten, Student Kit – UEB
Federal Quota Eligible
Out of stock
Catalog Number: 6-78550-00
The Building on Patterns series addresses phonemic awareness (ability to hear and interpret sounds in speech), phonics (the association of written symbols with the sounds they represent), comprehension, fluency, and oral vocabulary, all of which have been identified as important for reading instruction. BOP also addresses specific skill areas needed by the child who is blind, such as language development, sound discrimination, tactual discrimination, and concept development. Braille contractions are introduced from the beginning along with sound and letter associations.Kindergarten lessons include a selection to be read to the student, questions to discuss, and an activity for the child to complete. Textbooks are consumable.
For more information about the inclusive Building On Patterns program, please visit the BOP overview and resources pages at www.aphbop.org/.
- Groups of contractions are taught together when logical to do so.
- Easily confused letters and words are introduced at different times.
- Ideas for incorporating technology are given.
- Lessons are flexible and can be adapted to fit a given student or students.
- Enrichment activities are suggested for additional practice or homework.
- Read-aloud books to go along with the lesson are suggested.
- Punctuation is eliminated except for the capital at the kindergarten level and is introduced gradually thereafter.
Weight: 1 lbs
Dimensions: 12.4 × 14.3 × 4.65 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.