CVI Book Builder Kit
Parents and teachers can build individualized books specific to the needs of their Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI) reader with this book-making kit
Out of stock
Children diagnosed with CVI often have difficulty understanding objects, pictures, and letters presented against a complex background. CVI Book Builder provides materials for parents and teachers to build books specifically for their reader. The kit provides a variety of black pages and black binders to use as low complexity backgrounds against which to present familiar items, photos, and letters/words.
To read more about the unique visual behaviors associated with CVI, please visit www.tech.aph.org/cv.
- CVI Book Builder:
- Builds a connection between an actual object and a photo of that object, teaching that photos (symbols) have meaning.
- takes advantage of natural learning opportunities (i.e. at tooth brushing times, present the child's toothbrush and describe it while letting them explore, and then proceed with brushing his teeth. Attach the toothbrush to a black needlepoint canvas page; present it next to the photo on a polyblend page).
- Once the child demonstrates understanding of the photos in the book, you can begin to expand learning by exploring size, direction, colors, and other developmental concepts.
- When understanding that symbols/pictures have meaning, they may be ready to explore letters/words.
- Additional book ideas are listed in the guidebook.
- CVI Book Builder Collection Includes:
- 3 small, black binders
- 1 large, black binder
- 8 black fabric pages for hook and loop attachments
- 8 black magnetic pages
- 16 black polyblend pages
- 10 page protectors
- Magnetic strips, adhesive-backed
- Regular profile, black hook and loop adhesive-backed coin sets
- Braillable clear plastic label material
- 50 plastic banding ties
- Guidebook (in large print)
Assessment: Cortical Visual Impairment, CVI
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST