- Shipping Charges: AFB Press Books will be charged the rate of $10.90 for the first book, plus $3.95 for each additional book. Due to processing delays, this amount will not appear prior to placing your order or on your invoice. Amount will later be applied to your method of payment. Important: Because AFB Press Books are printed on demand, all sales are final.
Foundations of Braille Literacy
Addresses the teaching of braille reading and writing in the context of literacy in general, the whole language approach, and the way in which print reading and writing are taught. Provides practical applications for instruction.
This item is made to order. Expect 5-7 business days to print and 3-4 days shipping.
The first and only text to address the teaching of braille reading and writing in the context of literacy in general, the whole language approach, and the way in which print reading and writing are taught. Both a theoretical framework and practical applications for instruction in braille literacy are provided. Designed for use by university training programs and practicing educators of children and adults who are visually impaired, this book is an important resource for regular reading and literacy educators, administrators, parents, and transcribers as well.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
- Perspectives on Literacy
- A History of Literacy for People Who Are Blind
- Learning Processes of People Who Are Blind
- Changing Views on Teaching Reading and Writing
- Braille Reading Literacy: Approaches and Strategies
- Braille Writing Literacy: Approaches and Strategies
- Assessment of Braille Literacy
- Suggested Readings Selected Research
Book Genre: Educational
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
Optional and Replacement Items
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST