Going to the Playground, iOS App
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: D-30031-AP
The free Going to the Playground iOS app (for use with a 9.7 inch iPad ONLY) helps young children, ages 3-5, learn orientation directions, such as left and right, in and out, and up and down, as they become familiar with the layout of a virtual playground. The app is self-voicing and includes bold and bright colors to further enhance the playground experience.
App is available at the Apple App Store
Note: This app can also be used with APH’s Going to the Playground Overlays (1-08148-00), clear overlays that introduce children to braille and tactile maps.
- Five overlays held in place by a yellow frame
- Works with a 9.7 inch iPad
- Three items for the child to find on the playground: Merry-go-round, Sandbox, Monkey bars
- Overlays have braille above each playground item, a title, and a page number in the bottom right corner to teach pre-braille skills.
- Shapes (circle, square, ladder) remain the same on all five overlays.
- The braille on each overlay differs to coincide with the progression/story of the app.
- The self-voicing app prompts the user when it's time to turn the page and start a new overlay.
- Five tactile overlays and yellow frame
- An instruction sheet with a QR code to download the app from the App Store
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Product Type: Assistive
Age: Ages 3-5
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.