MATT Connect Replacement Android 12 Tablet
Upgrade your MATT Connect with the Android 12 replacement tablet included in MATT Connect V2.1.
Federal Quota Eligible
Catalog Number: 1-03944-00
The MATT Connect Replacement Android 12 Tablet will upgrade any first-generation MATT Connect to the current MATT Connect V2.1.
Upgrading your operating system to Android 12 will result in the ability to run the latest apps, including the pre-installed APH Android apps. Improvements made to the operating system include enhanced accessibility, a dark theme, increased battery life, and a quicker start up time. Learn more about Android 12 by visiting What’s in Android 12.
- Operating System upgrade to Android 12 (Snow Cone)
- Prodigi v4.7 – industry leading low vision productivity software
- APH Android apps included
- Updated Wi-Fi Hardware from previous MATT Connect
- Updated Bluetooth Hardware from previous MATT Connect
- Pre-installed: Google Suite apps, Dropbox, and several e-book readers
- Open Android™ platform provides access to 1,500,000 additional apps
- Desmos Calculator plots graphs and solve equations with this scientific calculator
- 12-inch HD touchscreen
- Notes Application quickly creates handwritten or typed notes.
- Proxy Connection Support sets up your connection to proxy networks using Prodigi.
- New Books Application: Dolphin Easy Reader. This helpful application enables users to enjoy Bookshare and dozens of other international libraries, such as RNIB and CELA, providing access to millions of e-books, digital talking books, newspapers, and magazines from around the world.
- Self-View Camera Mode. Provides quick access to the front-facing camera within the Magnifying app for self-grooming, or to snap a quick selfie. This new feature is also coupled with the ability to disable OCR on captures.
- Rapid Toggle for users who like shortcuts. Need to access Chrome and Google sheets often? You may now toggle to any application of your choice with only a few swipes across your screen!
- Android 12 tablet
Factory Reset Procedures
MATT Connect Tablets (v2 and v2.1)
CRITICALLY IMPORTANT: You must remove Google accounts from your tablet before performing a Factory Reset. Failure to do so may result in your being locked out when you attempt to re-activate the tablet, which requires returning the tablet to HumanWare and is *NOT* covered by warranty.
Identify your Tablet Version
Before starting, identify your tablet version, then choose the appropriate steps below for your tablet. Identify your version by viewing the serial number on the back of your device. The first four digits of the serial number identify the tablet version:
Your serial number can also be found in Prodigi -> Settings -> About.
Continue to the instructions for your tablet below.
A note before starting: You can avoid full factory resets in the future by creating an “Administrative” Google account, followed by student or user accounts. Doing so lets you remove the student/user accounts and create new ones without resetting the tablet. Go to Settings -> Device-Users -> Multiple Users to establish this tablet setup.
Instructions for v2.0 Tablets
- Before executing the Factory Reset of the tablet, make sure that any Google accounts that are active on the tablet are removed by going into Settings -> Accounts -> selecting Google -> tap on the three dots on the top right of the screen and choose Remove Account.
- Once the account(s) are removed, go back to Settings and tap on Backup & Reset –> Factory data reset -> RESET TABLET -> ERASE EVERYTHING. The tablet will reboot.
- Once the tablet is rebooted, follow the tutorial to set up the language, Wi-Fi, and accounts. If a Prodigi update pop-up appears, select Cancel for now.
- When the setup tutorial is finished, the Developer Options must be activated by going into Settings -> About Tablet -> Click seven (7) times on “Build number” at the bottom of the list.
- Then go back to Settings, select Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging, and tap “OK” on the pop-up.
- Connect the tablet to a computer and check the check box: “Always allow from the computer,” then click “OK” on the pop-up window. Go into the Application window and tap the Prodigi Updater icon to install the Prodigi suite. Tap on install.
- When Prodigi is finished installing, execute the InstallAppsForAPH.bat file by double-clicking it from the connected computer. The APH applications will now be installed. To get the InstallAppsForAPH.bat file, you need to extract the InstallAppsForAPH.zip file to the connected computer. You cannot execute the InstallAppsForAPH.bat file if the ZIP file is not extracted. Go to step 8 to learn how to extract the file.
- Copy the ZIP file to a folder on the connected PC.
Right-click on the file and select Extract All. The files will be extracted from the folder. Rev 1.0
- In the extracted folder, the file InstallAppsForAPH.bat will be found.
- To install the APH applications, double-click the InstallAppsForAPH.bat file; this will open a CMD prompt for Windows.
- If the following window appears on the tablet, check the check box: “Use by defaults for this USB device” and then tap “OK.”
- Prodigi can be started, and the applications should all be installed.
The applications on the tablet desktop can be rearranged, as shown below, by dragging the applications to the correct positions. Chrome needs to be started to create a tech.aph.org/hw/ bookmark on the desktop. The address tech.aph.org/hw/ needs to be input in the address field of Chrome – then select “Add to Home screen” using the three dots at the top right of the Chrome window.
Your tablet will now be fully reset to its factory state for Android and Prodigi. You can now complete customization for the user. Rev 1.0
A note before starting: You can avoid full factory resets in the future by creating an “Administrative” Google account, followed by student or user accounts. Doing so lets you remove the student/user accounts and create new ones without resetting the tablet. Go to Settings -> System -> Multiple Users to establish this tablet setup.
Instructions for v2.1 Tablets
- Before executing the Factory Reset of the tablet, enter Android to make sure that any Google accounts that are active on the tablet are removed by going into Settings -> Passwords & Accounts -> a list of accounts will appear:
Weight: 3.604 lbs
Dimensions: 13.25 × 9.0 × 3.25 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Product Type: Assistive
For warranty and non-warranty repairs or service, contact APH Customer Service at: 1-800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST