Physical Education and Sports for People with Visual Impairments and Deafblindness: Foundations of Instruction (EPUB)
Provides practical and essential information on modifying physical skills instruction, techniques for adapting sports and other physical activities, and more.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ!
- This item is made to order or is digital, therefore all sales are final.
- In order to view Electronic Book Files (EPUB) you will require an EPUB reader. Here are some free EPUB readers recommendations.
Catalog Number: F-B0018-EPUB
Publishers: APH Press
Authors: Lauren J. Lieberman, Paul E. Ponchillia, Susan V. Ponchillia
Physical activity provides benefits for children’s health and fitness, and it also helps to improve their self-esteem, feelings of competence, and relationship skills. It is part of the expanded core curriculum that includes skills essential for students who are visually impaired.
Participation in physical education, however, has generally been more limited for individuals with visual impairments than for others with typical sight. To help close that gap, three prominent educators and athletes have created this important sourcebook on teaching the skills that will enable children and adults with visual impairments and deafblindness to participate in physical education, recreation, sports, and lifelong health and fitness activities. The ideal manual for physical educators, adapted physical education specialists, teachers of students with visual impairments, orientation and mobility specialists, occupational and recreational therapists, and anyone else interested in sports and recreation for persons who are visually impaired or deafblind.
Preface: Views from Two Athletes
PART 1: Visual Impairment, Deafblindness, and Physical Activity
- The Impact of Visual Impairment and Deafblindness on Learning and Development
- Visual Impairment and Deafblindness: An Overview
- Providing Physical Education to Students with Visual Impairments or Deafblindness
PART 2: Modifications and Adaptations for Teaching Physical Activities
- Modifying Instruction to Meet Students’ Needs
- Principles of Adapting Games, Sports, and Related Activities
PART 3: Teaching Physical Skills throughout the Lifespan
- Early Childhood Development: Movement and Play in Early Childhood
- Elementary Education Programming
- Physical Education and Sports Activities in Middle School, High School, and Adulthood
- Organized Sports for Children and Adults with Visual Impairments: Goalball and Beep Baseball
- Recreational Activities and Their Adaptations: Toward a Positive Quality of Life
- Fitness: A Lifelong Pursuit
- Sports and Related Organizations of Special Interest
Appendix: Camp Abilities Activity Assessment
About the Authors
Product Type: Multiple Disabilities
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
Publishers: APH Press
Authors/Editors: Lauren J. Lieberman, Paul E. Ponchillia, Susan V. Ponchillia
Publication Date: 2012
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.