Reach Out and Teach: Helping Your Child Who Is Visually Impaired Learn and Grow (EPUB)
Focuses on learning at developmental stages, expanded strategies to promote children’s skills, and preparation for early intervention, preschool, kindergarten, and beyond.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, PLEASE READ!
- This item is made to order or is digital, therefore all sales are final.
- In order to view Electronic Book Files (EPUB) you will require an EPUB reader. Here are some free EPUB readers recommendations.
Catalog Number: F-B0046-EPUB
Publishers: APH Press
Authors: Kay Alicyn Ferrell, Susan J. Spungin
Packed with important information for today’s parents and professionals, this new edition of a groundbreaking work presents the latest research on how visually impaired children learn and develop at different ages and in the various developmental domains: sensory development, communication, movement, manipulation, and comprehension. Clear, practical, and reassuring, and full of suggested activities, this book provides a guide to teaching young visually impaired children the important life skills they need to know – skills that other children may learn simply by observation and imitation – and preparing them to enter school ready to learn with their peers.
From early intervention services to the full range of educational placements, Reach Out and Teach is the ultimate guide to helping a visually impaired child learn and grow.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
Foreword: Notes to Parents
Part I: Meeting Your Baby
CHAPTER 1 Your Child Is Visually Impaired: What Now?
CHAPTER 2 Your Child’s Vision
CHAPTER 3 Getting Started: How You Can Help Your Baby Learn
CHAPTER 4 Early Intervention: Why Is It Important?
Part II: Focus on Learning
CHAPTER 5 Your First Year Together: Emerging Skills (Birth to 12 Months)
CHAPTER 6 Life with Your Toddler: Practicing Beginning Skills (9 to 30 Months)
CHAPTER 7 Your Preschooler and You: Reinforcing Development (24 to 48 Months)
CHAPTER 8 Almost Time for School! Focusing on Readiness (48 to 60 Months)
CHAPTER 9 Kindergarten and Beyond: What to Expect
Epilogue: The Wisdom of Friends and Families
About the Contributors
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
Publishers: APH Press
Authors/Editors: Kay Alicyn Ferrell, Susan J. Spungin
Publication Date: 2011
- Meeting your baby
- Your child is visually impaired: what now?
- Your child's vision
- Getting started: how you can help your baby learn
- Early intervention : why is it important?
- Focus on learning
- Your first year together: emerging skills (birth to 12 months)
- Life with your toddler: practicing beginning skills ( 9-30 months)
- Your preschooler and you: reinforcing development (24-48 months)
- Almost time for school: focusing on readiness (48-60 months)
- Kindergarten and beyond: what to expect
- Epilogue: the future
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.