- Bag A (20 buildings): 4 large houses, 8 small houses, 4 curved-topped buildings, 4 flat-topped buildings, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the buildings.
- Bag B (street scenery pieces): 1 pond, 2 railroad tracks, 4 long crosswalks (with vertical lines), 4 long crosswalks (with horizontal lines), 12 short crosswalks (with vertical lines), 12 short crosswalks (with horizontal lines), 8 yellow dividing lines/medians, 10 long sidewalks o 8 short sidewalks, 5 splitter islands, 66 white road dashes, 4 arrows – 2 left, 2 right turns, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the pond and railroad tracks. All other parts in Bag B have full coverage of black, hook/loop material.
- Bag C (3-D components): 6 stop signs, 4 yield signs, 2 yellow pedestrians (smooth texture), 2 blue pedestrians (bumpy texture), 4 orange cars (smooth texture), 4 yellow cars (bumpy texture), 4 pedestal traffic lights, 8 flat traffic signals, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application for the 3-D traffic signals. The flat traffic signals have full coverage of black, hook material.
- Bag D (41 sewn grassy pieces): 1 cul-de-sac, 1 large circle, 1 small circle, 2 long narrow strips, 2 short narrow strips, 4 roundabout corners, 4 wedges (2 pairs of mirrored opposites), 2 triangles, 8 rectangles with rounded corners, 8 rectangles with square corners, 8 squares, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the grassy pieces.
- Bag E (print/braille labels): 16 location labels, 8 street name labels, 16 direction labels, 13 zoo labels, 8 personal name labels, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the back of labels.
Tactile Town: 3-D O&M Kit
An interactive, 3-D model that teaches spatial concepts and cognitive mapping skills.
Out of stock
Tactile Town is inviting to both tactile and visual learners, with attractive, customizable, and flexible pieces incorporating contrasting colors, textures, and recognizable features. The Kit assists in the development of cognitive mapping skills by helping students perceive and organize their physical environment specific to concepts such as street layouts, intersections, route patterns, and city block arrangements.
The large print Teacher’s Guidebook (braille version available separately) provides 17 suggested layout activities that are presented in a progressive manner, from compass directions to a complex city block. Each activity has full-color photos and labeled sections. Other Guidebook features include interactive games and a concepts/skills checklist that can be completed using the Microsoft Word ®file on the accompanying CD-ROM. Accessible versions (html, brf, txt, and dtb) of the Guidebook are also on the CD-ROM.
This product contains small parts and is not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
- 1 package of braillable labels and sheets
- 2 picture maker storage panels
- 1 tri-fold board
- 1 compartment tray insert
- 1 red carrying box
- Large print Teacher’s Guidebook (braille version available separately)
Weight: 12.63 lbs
Dimensions: 36.25 × 15.3 × 5.45 in
Educational Games / Toys / Equipment: Tactile
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Optional and Replacement Items
Tactile Town: Bag A, Buildings
Tactile Town: Bag B, Street Scenery Set
Tactile Town: Bag C, 3-D Components
Tactile Town: Bag D, Grassy Sections Set
Tactile Town: Bag E, Print-Braille Labels
Tactile Town: Teacher’s Guidebook (with CD-ROM), Braille
Tactile Town: Teacher’s Guidebook (with CD-ROM), Print
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm EST