Tactile Town: 3-D O&M Kit
An interactive, 3-D model that teaches spatial concepts and cognitive mapping skills.
Federal Quota Eligible
34 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-03135-00
Tactile Town is inviting to both tactile and visual learners, with attractive, customizable, and flexible pieces incorporating contrasting colors, textures, and recognizable features. The Kit assists in the development of cognitive mapping skills by helping students perceive and organize their physical environment specific to concepts such as street layouts, intersections, route patterns, and city block arrangements.
The large print Teacher’s Guidebook (braille version available separately) provides 17 suggested layout activities that are presented in a progressive manner, from compass directions to a complex city block. Each activity has full-color photos and labeled sections.
This product contains small parts and is not intended for children ages 5 and under without adult supervision.
- Bag A (20 buildings): 4 large houses, 8 small houses, 4 curved-topped buildings, 4 flat-topped buildings, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the buildings.
- Bag B (street scenery pieces): 1 pond, 2 railroad tracks, 4 long crosswalks (with vertical lines), 4 long crosswalks (with horizontal lines), 12 short crosswalks (with vertical lines), 12 short crosswalks (with horizontal lines), 8 yellow dividing lines/medians, 10 long sidewalks o 8 short sidewalks, 5 splitter islands, 66 white road dashes, 4 arrows – 2 left, 2 right turns, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the pond and railroad tracks. All other parts in Bag B have full coverage of black, hook/loop material.
- Bag C (3-D components): 6 stop signs, 4 yield signs, 2 yellow pedestrians (smooth texture), 2 blue pedestrians (bumpy texture), 4 orange cars (smooth texture), 4 yellow cars (bumpy texture), 4 pedestal traffic lights, 8 flat traffic signals, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application for the 3-D traffic signals. The flat traffic signals have full coverage of black, hook material.
- Bag D (41 sewn grassy pieces): 1 cul-de-sac, 1 large circle, 1 small circle, 2 long narrow strips, 2 short narrow strips, 4 roundabout corners, 4 wedges (2 pairs of mirrored opposites), 2 triangles, 8 rectangles with rounded corners, 8 rectangles with square corners, 8 squares, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the grassy pieces.
- Bag E (print/braille labels): 16 location labels, 8 street name labels, 16 direction labels, 13 zoo labels, 8 personal name labels, Strips of black hook material dots are provided for customer-application to the back of labels.
- 1 package of braillable labels and sheets
- 2 picture maker storage panels
- 1 tri-fold board
- 1 compartment tray insert
- 1 red carrying box
- Large print Teacher’s Guidebook (braille version available separately)
Weight: 12.63 lbs
Dimensions: 36.25 × 15.3 × 5.45 in
Product Type: Tactile Learning
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Age: 5 years and up
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.
O&M for Independent Living: Strategies for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults
O&M for Independent Living: Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults is an important guide for orientation and mobility instructions,…
Catalog Number: F-B0042-00
Not Federal Quota Eligible