Note: Due to scheduled inventory, orders placed March 28–April 3 will ship after April 3.Close
Early Intervention Bookshelf
September 23, 2022
Early intervention services help children who are blind, have low vision, and who have multiple disabilities as they prepare to enter school. APH Press offers a selection of books to assist service providers as they work with children and families.
- Babies with CVI: Nurturing Visual Abilities and Development in Early Childhood: Babies with CVI presents specific approaches, strategies, and activity suggestions that families and visual impairment professionals can use to meet the unique learning needs of a child with CVI.
- Essential Elements in Early Intervention: Visual Impairment and Multiple Disabilities, Second Edition: This book translates research and best practices into practical strategies that early interventionists can use with children who are visually impaired and have multiple disabilities and their families. Also available in EPUB
- Everyday Activities to Promote Visual Efficiency: A Handbook for Working with Young Children with Visual Impairments: This book provides principles of early intervention with young children who are visually impaired and may have additional disabilities. Simple activities that can be done as part of everyday routines are explained. Also available in EPUB
- A Parents’ Guide to Special Education for Children with Visual Impairments: This handbook for parents, family members, and caregivers of children with visual impairments explains special education services that these children are likely to need and to which they are entitled–and how to ensure that they receive them. Also available in EPUB
- Reach Out and Teach: Helping Your Child Who is Visually Impaired Learn and Grow: This book focuses on learning at developmental stages, expanded strategies to promote children’s skills, and preparation for early intervention, preschool, kindergarten, and beyond. Also available in EPUB
- Early Focus: Working with Young Children Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired and Their Families: This book supplies practical strategies for providing services to children who are blind or visually impaired, including those with multiple disabilities, in all areas of early development. Also available in EPUB
- Tactile Strategies for Children Who Have Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities: Promoting Communication and Learning Skills: This book provides essential information about alternative communication strategies for young children who are visually impaired and have multiple disabilities. Also available in EPUB
To find related products, read the Building Your Early Childhood Toolkit blog.
Share this article.
Aging and Vision Loss Bookshelf
Many adults lose their vision later in life and may have difficulty adapting to their vision loss, which can have...
Braille Literacy Bookshelf
Braille literacy levels the playing field by giving students who are blind and have low vision the opportunity to read...
Back to School Bookshelf
APH Press offers a wide variety of books for teachers to utilize in their classrooms. Review this list of books...