Learning to Listen
Learning to Listen/Listening to Learn addresses the systematic development of skills in listening for and interpreting auditory information as they relate to literacy, independent travel, and sensory and cognitive development.
This item is made to order and is non-refundable.
Catalog Number: F-B0040-00
Learning to Listen/Listening to Learn is the first comprehensive work to address the systematic development of skills in listening for and interpreting auditory information for students who are blind or visually impaired. Listening skills are a crucial but often-overlooked area of instruction for children who are visually impaired and may have multiple disabilities, essential to literacy, independent travel, and sensory and cognitive development.
Chock full of practical strategies, this volume examines the development of and instruction in learning skills at different ages, from infancy through high school. It also addresses listening skills in orientation and mobility and the needs of children with multiple disabilities, hearing impairment, and learning disabilities, as well as English language learners. Appendixes provide a Listening Skills Continuum chart and a checklist to use in assessment.
To view the Table of Contents, please see the “Includes” section.
Please note, that our publisher is experiencing delays of approximately 5 weeks in the fulfillment of print books. You can purchase a digital download of this publication by contacting our Customer Service team between the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST by calling 1-800-223-1839.
Federal Quota Funds: Not Available
- Table of Contents:
- The Importance of Listening Instruction
- Infants and Toddlers: Learning to Listen
- Preschool and Kindergarten: Early Skill Development
- Elementary School: Developing and Refining Listening Skills
- Middle School and High School: Advanced Skill Development
- Listening Skills for Orientation and Mobility: Hearing the Whole Picture
- Students with Additional Disabilities: Learning to Listen
- Students with Hearing Impairments: Making the Most of Listening
- Listening and Understanding: Language and Learning Disabilities
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.