Snapino: Access Kit
Learn about coding and electronics with Snapino!
Federal Quota Eligible
209 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-03043-00
Calling all aspiring programmers! Snapino, a commercially available product, has been made accessible for students who are blind and visually impaired. Snapino is an introduction to the open-source Arduino® hardware-software coding environment. Use the Snapino with BRIC: Structures® Access Kit , RC Snap Rover Access Kit, and Snap Circuits Jr® kits to design larger circuits with speech capabilities.
Note: Please, use 9 V type, alkaline batteries with this product. Batteries not included. Access the product manual at https://tech.aph.org/snapino/
Warning: Choking Hazard – Small parts. This toy comes with a cord. Not intended for children under 3 years.
Adult Supervision: This product is intended for use by adults and children who have attained sufficient maturity to read and follow directions and warnings. Because children’s abilities vary, adults should exercise discretion as to which experiments are suitable and safe (the instructions should enable supervising adults to establish the experiment’s suitability for the child). Make sure your child reads and follows all of the relevant instructions and safety procedures, and keeps them at hand for reference. Never modify your parts, as doing so may disable important safety features in them, and could put your child at risk of injury.
Weight: 1.355 lbs
Dimensions: 10.75 × 12.4 × 2.4 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Product Type: Assistive, Technology
Age: 8 years and up
- Educational toy recommended for children ages 12-112 that teaches users about coding and electronics
- Can be used in a computer science class or after school computer club
- Allows learners to implement their knowledge of coding gained from Code Jumper as they use Snapino to create code
- Compatible with Arduino UNO programs and circuits
- Compatible with Snap Circuits Jr. - Use both products together to design larger circuits with speech capabilities
- Braille labeled parts mounted on plastic modules that snap together
- Online manual that details how to create 20 different projects
- Create circuits, various types of lights, distance sensors, switches, and more!
- 1 2-Snap Wire
- 1 3-Snap Wire
- 1 5-Snap Wire
- 1 9 V Battery Holder and Switch
- 1 Base Grid Mini (7.7 x 5.5 in.)
- 1 Red LED
- 1 Green LED
- 1 Red/Yellow Bi-color LED
- 1 White Jumper Wire
- 1 Red Snap-to-pin Wire
- 1 Phototransistor
- 1 Resistor 10 k
- 1 Press Switch
- 1 Snapino Module
- 1 USB Cable (A-male to b-male)
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.