Arts and Crafts for the Holidays
December 10, 2019
The holidays are in full swing! As families gather together and kids have time off school, we’re all looking for fun activities to do together. Make art and memories with the whole family by crafting with your child with visual impairments! Wondering how? We’ve got some ideas for you:
- Get creative with Paint Pot Palette UEB! This complete painting kit encourages visual and tactile exploration in beginning artists.
- Then see how Paint by Number Safari Series UEB (PbyN) teaches about art, nature, and real-world colors!
- Explore flora and fauna of the PbyN Tropical Rainforest.
- Marvel in the colors of the underwater world with PbyN Under the Sea.
- Introduce beginning artists to their outdoor neighbors with PbyN Backyard Creatures.
- Challenge your intermediate artists to use the earth tones found in PbyN Desert Creatures.
- Bring out the advocate inside your artist with PbyN Endangered Species.
- Have fun with our suite of Lots of Dots UEB raised-line coloring books! Check out Learning My ABC’s, Coloring the Garden, and Counting 1 2 3.
- Let your artistic creativity run wild with the new CIRCUS Coloring Pages, circus-themed, raised-line coloring pages for our Color-By-Texture Marking Mat!
- Go wild with free line drawing on tactile paper with the TactileDoodle Kit!
Share this article.
An Artist’s InSight: An Interview with Amanda Stephens
Art is a form of self-expression that helps everyone showcase their interpretation of the world. We spoke with APH InSights...
Behind the Canvas: An Inside Look at the APH InSights Art Competition
Since 1992, APH has hosted the annual InSights Art Competition, an international art contest open to artists of all ages...
APH Brings Inclusive Arts Exhibit to Huntington, WV
On December 7, 2021, APH Huntington, a program of the American Printing House for the Blind (APH), celebrated the work...