Flip-Over Concept Books – Fractions: NEMETH
Flip-Over Concept Books: FRACTIONS is an interactive print and braille book designed to teach elementary students who are blind and visually impaired about fractions, decimals, and percents.
Federal Quota Eligible
46 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-08821-00
Teachers and parents can create their own lessons by fully customizing the presentation of the fraction panels offered in the book to help students:
• Understand fractions as parts of a whole
• Compare and order fractional parts of a whole
• Form judgments about the size of fractions
• Find and compare equivalent fractions
• Compare fractions by reasoning about size
• Investigate relationships between fractions
• Recognize equivalent forms of commonly used fractions, decimals, and percents.
Use this book in combination with other tools from APH to add more flexibility into the teaching and learning process, including:
• MathBuilders Unit 7: Fractions, Mixed Numbers, and Decimals (7-03564-00 (large print)/5-03564-00 (braille))
• Number Line Device (1-03480-00)
• Consumable Number Lines (1-03012-00 (large print)/1-03013-00 (braille))
• Low-Relief Embossed Graph Sheets (1-04047-00)
- Pie charts, fractions, decimals, percents, and comparative sign panels
- Fractions in the form of halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, and tenths
- Customize the location and number of the panels in the book to your/your students’ desire - panels can be stacked, shuffled, and randomized.
- Activities address the Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) for Numbers and Operations, Grades Pre-K-5, and the Common Core State Standards for Numbers and Operations - Fractions, Grades 3-5
Weight: 2.085 lbs
Dimensions: 14.45 × 12.6 × 3.45 in
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.