Flip-Over Concept Books: LINE PATHS
These concept books provide interactive and independent learning for young children as they build basic concepts and develop early tactile skills.
Federal Quota Eligible
2 in stock
Catalog Number: 1-08831-00
The first of a planned series of print/tactile books, uniquely designed by the American Printing House for the Blind.
These concept books provide interactive, independent learning for young children as they build basic concepts and develop early tactile skills. The format of LINE PATHS (and future Flip-Over-Concept Books) includes tactile and full-color panels that can be turned freely until the child finds adjacent panels that match, continue a line or pattern, complete a sequence, build an image, and so on.
The goal in LINE PATHS is for the child to find three adjacent panels that continue the same type of line path (e.g., solid, dotted, double-dotted, etc.).
Introduce and practice these concepts and skills:
- Directional, spatial, and descriptive vocabulary such as curved, straight, zigzag, down, up, stair-step, wavy, diagonal, wide, narrow, etc.
- Tactile discrimination and line-tracking
- Familiarization with many types of tactile lines that will later be encountered in tactile displays (graphs, maps, etc.)
- Visual discrimination and line-tracking (Note: each of the 10 line paths is assigned a unique background color)
Continuous Line Path Worksheets are included to allow the child to practice tracking each line type, from start to finish, in a continuous motion before tracking across three separate panels.
- Flip-Over Concept Book: LINE PATHS
- Reader’s Guide (separate print and braille versions)
- Two Line Path Worksheets
Note: The book utilizes a special binding that opens and closes, allowing teachers and parents to:
- Randomize/shuffle the panels within each stack to prevent the child from memorizing the exact location of a panel.
- Minimize the number of line paths presented in the book, if needed, for a younger child.
Weight: 1.025 lbs
Dimensions: 10.6 × 12.4 × 2.35 in
Product Type: Tactile Learning, Toys Games and Puzzles
Federal Quota Funds: Available
Age: 4 years and up
Customer Service and Technical Support
Toll-Free: 800-223-1839 (U.S. and Canada)
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–8:00pm EST
Contact Customer Service to discuss your warranty options.