Note: Due to scheduled inventory, orders placed March 28–April 3 will ship after April 3.Close
APH Press offers a selection of books for Orientation and Mobility (O&M) instructors to use when developing their lessons. As O&M skills empower those who are blind and have low vision to lead independent lives, APH strives to have the best selection possible for instructors everywhere.
- Foundations of Orientation and Mobility, 3rd, Volumes 1 and 2: This classic professional reference and textbook has been completely revised and expanded to two volumes by the most knowledgeable experts in the field.
- Partners in O&M: Supporting Orientation and Mobility for Students Who Are Visually Impaired: This timely new resource reflects innovative thinking in teaching O&M to children, provides a solid O&M foundation for future O&M specialists, and addresses concepts and strategies other professionals need to know to reinforce O&M skills.
- Orientation and Mobility Techniques: A Guide for the Practitioner, 2nd Edition: A new, easy-to-read color format, accompanying photographs, updated information on street crossings at complex intersections, and a new chapter on O&M for people with low vision make this revised edition a must-have in your O&M library. Also available in ePUB format.
- O&M for Independent Living: Strategies for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults: This book is an important guide for O&M instructors, rehabilitation specialists, occupational therapists, and other professionals who work with adults who may be new to vision loss. Also available in ePUB format.
- The Art and Science of Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Persons with Visual Impairments, 2nd Edition: This book details O&M techniques and explains how to provide effective instruction in one complete manual for the beginning O&M instructor and is a reference for the experienced practitioner as well. Also available in ePUB format.
- Basic Spanish for Orientation and Mobility: A Phrase Book and Dictionary: This book is a valuable, user-friendly tool for communicating O&M instruction to students who primarily speak Spanish. Also available in ePUB format.
- Imagining the Possibilities: Creative Approaches to Orientation and Mobility Instruction for Persons Who Are Visually Impaired: Imagining the Possibilities is a hands-on teaching resource for pre-service and practicing O&M specialists. Also available in ePUBformat.
For more information on the products APH has available that are helpful in the field of O&M, please visit our Building Your Orientation and Mobility Toolkit blog.
Share this article.
Aging and Vision Loss Bookshelf
Many adults lose their vision later in life and may have difficulty adapting to their vision loss, which can have...
Braille Literacy Bookshelf
Braille literacy levels the playing field by giving students who are blind and have low vision the opportunity to read...
Early Intervention Bookshelf
Early intervention services help children who are blind, have low vision, and who have multiple disabilities as they prepare to...